Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Derek K. Miller's Last Post

I just stumbled across this, a post-humus blog post. It's made more surreal by the fact that the Tannhauser Overture is playing over KWAX. The author's matter-of-fact post-death statements reflecting his non-participation-in-spiritual-things reminds me of things Mark says. It seems ironic that this is his virtual voice from beyond the grave.

The last post - Penmachine - Derek K. Miller:
"Here it is. I'm dead, and this is my last post to my blog. In advance, I asked that once my body finally shut down from the punishments of my cancer, then my family and friends publish this prepared message I wrote—the first part of the process of turning this from an active website to an archive."

Man. He left instructions for his family to post this as part of the process of dealing with his estate. Essentially, its an extended obituary. I guess the internet is still at a point where it can only offer eternal memory, but not eternal life.

No comments: