Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tiara of a Harkonian Princess.

Lately, I've been playing with Blender to make tiaras. Probably what I'm coming up with is closer to crowns. In a recent breakthrough -- both in the beta-release rotate function and in my understanding of Python string functions -- I've managed to manipulate multiple star shapes. This means that I will soon be able to make mathematically precise star tiaras!



It seems appropriate, therefore, to go back to source materials, like this 4000 year old tiara (on display in the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art's Egyptian Wing). What I like about this tiara is its level of detail and its mixture of animal heads and flowers.  This headpiece says it all subtly:  "My flowers are solar; my animal's horns are lunar -- I'm wearing the heavens as adornment."

I don't think I'm at the modeling animal heads stage of Blender just yet... but someday.

No comments: