Thursday, April 09, 2015

Journal: April 9

Not much in the remembered dreams department, although the other night I did dream that The Child had dreamed a scene out of a book-on-CD we listened to in the car.  The Day Jobbe has been somewhat stressful, because I've had to deal with brain-dead factory-installed OS 10.10 Yosemite with Samba 3 playing badly with Microsoft Active Domain servers.  I'm hoping the solution is to force the Macintoshes to always use Samba 1.  As The Child said when I was explaining this to him, "Aye Caramba! It's the Samba!  It's the one dance I don't do."  [Editor's note: nope, Samba 3 is not the whole problem... stupid Yosemite and Active Domain Servers.]

Working-out:  Tuesday I went in and did the routine.  I should probably figure out some things to do at home for those days when going to the gym doesn't work.  Like push-ups and planks.

Writing:  I've re-started getting up a little before 5 AM to wright.  It takes about fifteen minutes to have the tea brewed and mugs in place, so I've been aiming for 4:45.  Since I need about seven and a half hours of sleep to be functional, it helps to be in bed with the lights out by 9:30.   

The latest project is a short story for Sword and Sorceress.  I've got a lose outline, and I keep repeating Forster's example of the differences between "The king died and then the queen died," and "The king died and then the queen died of grief."  


No comments: