Monday, March 18, 2013

Tech Fail

Simplenote has failed me again. Somehow it's lost about an hour's worth of work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but Simplenote will occasionally lose notes as if I'd never created them. It's happened enough times that I'm looking around for alternates. I don't know if I'm somehow closing Simplenote incorrectly, or if jumping between wireless networks is confusing its sync function.

Originally, I started using Simplenote because it synced with Scrivener, but since our Macintosh is dead, it's one less reason to use Simplenote.

I thought I'd try Google Drive; I saw that they had a work off-line option, but apparently working off-line isn't what they mean, as the EDIT and CREATE buttons go grey when there's no local WiFi.

I've read rumors of a Google alternate to SImpleNote, but it hasn't been released yet.

So that leaves me with writing long-hand or using some other tool like the Blogger app to save bits of text.

No comments: