Thursday, February 24, 2011

February Snow Day

Snow is falling on the floor of the Willamette Valley. Right now there is less than an inch; Mark made it to work and he said the roads were pretty clear. I think I won't drive anywhere today though, just because the snow freaks out the local drivers. The neighbor's construction project makes the snow on the trees stand out.


The camellia must be slightly confused by the snow, as it has started to bloom. Mark likes the camellia; I wish the blooms were white, and it looks like today's snow may grant my wish.





While I was at it, I took a photo of one of the origami doves in our window. Mark made them a few years ago to catch the rising heat from the baseboard and make the leaded crystals spin.  There's no sun as I type this, but the white snow mantling everything has filled the house with tissue white light.

No comments: