Monday, February 28, 2011

Feb 28 2011

The snow is gone and the rain at 40F is back.  It's very gray, so I've got a halogen light on.   I managed to get some writing in.  When I wasn't writing I was thinking about an old ceramic tile design that has ten-fold symmetry.  I like it because the lines make repeating star shapes.  It's NOT old lady.  You can see it at http://www.turkishhan.org/ceramics.htm, at the very bottom:  Tokat, Gök Medrese, 1277.

I spoke with Mark, and he's not adverse to having a panel (or maybe two) of it in the house. We'll see if I can reconstruct it. I've made several attempts with paper, straight edge and compass, but getting just one line a little bit off results in multiplied errors later on. As soon as I get the hang of it, I'll see about making a block print of it or something.

No comments: