Saturday, October 02, 2010

John in a Tuxedo

I was recently sent some photographs from the 2007 Writers of the Future Workshop. I haven't gone through them all yet, but this one stuck out.

I am not sure what part of my acceptance speech this is, but it looks like I'm about to say, "Let us pray." Or something. I'm guessing that I'm making an astronomy reference. Or else I'm threatening to sing "I Feel Pretty."

There's something to be said for the power of tuxedos -- a lot of the photos I'm in I look goofy (and happy). Okay, I probably look just a little goofy in this one, too. And this is a good thing to remember when I'm beating myself up about writing.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

I dunno. Maybe it's just the fact that close-shorn John is still something of a novelty for me, but it looks like you're about to break out with a round of "Anal nathrach, orth' bhais's bethad" etc....

Nathan said...

Oh, and just because links don't seem to show up very much on your stylesheet, I should point out that the spell of making, above, is something you should definitely click on...

Anonymous said...

You clean up quite well!
Lynne/Pomona

Thomas L. Evans said...

Of course, technically speaking, that is a dinner jacket. Traditionally, a Tuxedo is white.