Monday, May 31, 2010

The Mikado, Ghandi or Princess Leia ?

I decided that I wanted some more "glamor shots" of myself. Or, as Mark likes to say, I'm very good at entertaining myself. For all of these I used a tripod and set up the camera to take multiple exposures using a timer.


Never underestimate the power of a bedspread to help spruce up a photo. "Help me Obi-wan, you're my only hope."


















I once saw a picture of Laurie Anderson taken with her eyes closed. I think that was a better shot than this one. There's something about eyes closed in sleep - Ursula K Le Guin wrote about how sleep is the ultimate turning inward away from society. Probably, this photo makes me look like I have a headache. There's probably a reason Laurie Anderson had Annie Leibovitz take her picture.











Not quite sure what's going on in this photo, but it's a fun one. It sort of looks like I'm wearing a conical hat -which is changing the usual impression of my head's shape.

Perhaps I'm participating in a Mimbari ritual ?











A few moments later. I wanted a black-and-white photo look without actually using a black-and-white filter. Our house's interior paint job, which I love, has the unfortunate effect of making photographed people look like jaundice victims or Ban De Soliel representatives.

No comments: