Things I've (re)learned
- I always over-pack.
- A plastic knife, a shovel, and a bucket can help make a pretty mean sandcastle.
- Clam-guns are dangerous in the wrong hands.
- Chopping wood as an exercise in the appropriate force at the appropriate place is fun.
- Fire good!
- Life's too short for cheap tequila and gin.
- Beach towns are sort of like high school: they're not quite in the real world.
- I need to plan my funeral before I'm dead and someone is comparing my life to a Nascar race, Kentucky Fried Chicken, or other wildly irrelevant subjects.
- The only sunscreen I can think of that doesn't make me feel greasy at the end of the day is a really big hat. With a veil.
- Morning light is overrated, especially when I'm in bed.
- I'm probably too out of shape to out-run a tsunami.
- I'm glad we don't have television service.
- I'm a better person when I get around eight hour's solid sleep.
- Always take the photo you want when you see it.
- Mark is wonderful.
Now. Off to do that sleep thing...