Tuesday, August 11, 2009

At the MET!

At the very last minute Mark and I got a day free. So I went to the MET. I think this trip's big discovery is that it's actually more pleasant to walk a few blocks outside from the Port Authority Bus Station to the green line subways.

I got to the MET a little before they opened their doors at 9:30. There were many international tourists. I marched (more or less) to the exhibit on loan from Afghanistan -- it seemed less about the artifacts and more about the process of preserving antiquities (especially in war-torn countries). The cylinder sundial was probably the most interesting part of the exhibit, followed by a bronze water-toy -- a submerged disk with bobbing fish fins and tails to make a kind of "swimming" sculpture.

More later once I catch some more sleep...

No comments: