Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Obama!

 Last night folks were setting off fireworks -- presumably they were happy with the Presidential election results.  I think many (but not all) people in Eugene were singing versions of "Ding Dong The Witch is Dead."  It will still be a while before we know who our mayor is; last time I checked, the candidate I wanted to win was ahead by about 500 votes.  Likewise, we're not yet sure who Oregon voted into the senate.

I'm cautiously optimistic about President Elect Obama.  I remember Bill Clinton not delivering on "Don't Ask Don't Tell" and going ahead with NAFTA.  And Mark likes to point out that Obama's good at getting elected, which is about all we really know about him.   In my mind, at the very least Mr. Obama will appoint Supreme Court Justices more in line with my political and cultural views.  

In the writing department:  Got another rejection today -- this one looked like a form rejection... but it also looked hand-typed.  Oh well; at least it frees up the market for another story.

No comments: