Friday, February 01, 2008

February Dreams

I had a lot of vivid dreams last night.

Probably the most fantastical was that I was flying around in an old oaken wood and watching deer. I had to be careful about what tree branches I landed on because some of the oaks had rotted branches. The deer didn't mind me watching them too much, and two came over and started to teach me their alphabet. I got about as far as "Alapha," "Beletha," and my favorite, "Aether-E" (it had a lot of starry dots over it). They made their letters by a combination of hoof and teeth marks in the barks of trees.

I woke up, went back to sleep, and started dreaming some personal stuff, but then the dream took a detour into a kind of documentary about Greek (or Roman?) life. Think white marble columns near a beach. A bunch of us were waiting for the sun to rise out of the ocean because it was the first day of a festival. The morning was warm, and there was a very bright constellation rising ahead of the sun (now that I think about it, it reminds me of the Aether-E).

I also dreamt that I was following Nancy, a friend of mine, to my house. We were driving in two cars. The streets were icy, and spun around a little. I didn't want to turn off the main street I was on because traffic was heavy and I was afraid that I'd slam into someone. I missed the three side roads we usually take to my house. . . but somehow my car turned into a bicycle and I simply walked it the rest of the way.


In case you're wondering; yes, I saw a video on sign language last night, and just before I went to bed I was working on a short story that used to have dream sequences in it.

No comments: