Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm In Trouble

I was sleeping through most of this, but I imagine it went something like this:

(Scene. 2:50 AM. Mark has gone to Arthur's room to see what it is Arthur wants. Arthur has turned his room's light on.)

Arthur: (Standing in crib): "Up, please."

Mark: (grasping Arthur underneath the arms and lifting him out). "Hey, Buddy; it's time to sleep."

Arthur: "Pizza, please."

Mark (walking into the kitchen): "We already had pizza. I can get you a bottle." (Gives Arthur a bottle.)

Arthur (holding bottle): "Please. Pizza, please. Please!"

Mark (opening empty pizza box): "It's all gone." (Arthur sobs) "John ate some, too." (Arthur flings bottle onto the floor.)


All I can tell you was that later Thursday morning there was Very High Drama when I moved the pizza box to the garage after I prevented Arthur from prying off old dried cheese from the box's inside.

No comments: