Thursday, May 07, 2020

Dog Park People


The other day Mark and I took Aoife to a dog park.   People there followed social distancing while the dogs froliced.  I thought this was a good action photo of the dog--Aoife's legs and tail have an action blur and her eyes are in focus--but Mark disagrees.





Dog park goers seem to come in a multitude of flavors:

  • I brought my dog here to give them some exercise and to socialize with other dogs.
  • (Gasp!) You're a Dog Person, too?  
  • They made me come here.
  • I'm going to shout directions at my dog as if they understood English.  
  • My idea of controlling my dog is to laugh uncomfortably.
  • OMG!  There's mud and filth everywhere!  
  • My dog's breed is just misunderstood.
  • I'm keeping half an eye on my dog while I have a very loud, long, involved, and deeply personal conversation on my cell phone.  
  • I love all dogs everywhere.   
  • What the hell are all of you doing here, can't you see you're stressing out my dog?  
  • I'm too sexy for my dog.  
  • What the hell are you eating/puking ? 
  • My dog is the best dog in the world.  
  • Dogs Are People, Too.   
  • Sorry, I'm too busy fantasizing about being the pack leader of my six unleashed killing machines.  


I think we're mostly "I love all dogs everywhere," and "My dog is the best dog in the world," Dog Park People.  (Okay, there is a surprising amount of mud at certain dog parks....)

Surprisingly, I think the above list still works if you substitute "cat" for "dog," to describe cat people... although I can't imagine how a cat park could even be a thing.

No comments: