Friday, January 10, 2020

Gym Mysticism

Gym Report:  Went Wednesday (1/8) and did the old "Push-Pull" routine.  Went Friday (1/10) and did the new Aerobic Routine.  I was planning on going Thursday, but I felt a little tired and run down, so I stayed home and did domestic chores instead.  I'm planning to have a full night of dancing Saturday night, so that will be my workout for the weekend.

This has been a busy week as it is the first week of classes and everyone's back.

Lately, I've been skimming through old books on English 20th Century mysticism and the Tree of Life.  The thing that strikes me most about the magical systems therein is how prominent the body/spirit and body/mind (and male/female) splits are.  "As Above, So Below," is all very well and good, but it sets the stage for all the dichotomies to be ordered on the "higher/lower" scale.   My own thought about it is that it would be interesting to try a system that isn't so linear (from lower to higher) and have instead a dynamic cyclical one.

No comments: