Thursday, October 03, 2019

Early October

The lingering cold is lingering.  The worst of it was over a few days ago, but the congestion has continued.  Also, the general sense of wanting to take a nap at the drop of a hat.  So, I haven't been to the gym for over a week, since last Wednesday (9/28) -- I'm hoping to go tomorrow.

On the writing front, I've been working on some final edits for a story that will appear later, in the middle of this month.   On the marketing front, I've managed to keep about five stories in the mail at once, but I've slowed down and I need to send out more so when I know more about the current batch in a few weeks my mailcount won't fall to zero.

I had hoped to snap a few photos of the Moon and Jupiter tonight (10/3), but, like clockwork, the clouds rolled in and the heavens are thrifty tonight.  Oh well... at least I got some photos of the Moon last week when it was near Regulus.

Soon, it's going to be time to take down the pavilion for the Winter.  That will be too bad, because writing outside is nice (not to mention when I'm writing outside I'm not underfoot in the house).  There may be a few more weeks with outside writing weather, but once November comes, it's likely to stay fairly wet (not that we haven't already been getting about three times as much rainfall as we usually do -- which is a good thing).

It's the first week of classes at the UO.  Things almost got off to a rocky start:  there was nearly a workers' strike, but it was averted at the last moment.  I'd say this year is going mostly better than some previous years; everyone seems to be in the swing of things, and there aren't too many "it feels like the first time" moments.


No comments: