Monday, September 16, 2019

Weekend Update

Went to the gym Friday.  I went a little early, so it was a little bit more crowded.  Managed to do the regular routine, with Roman Chair curls.

Saturday, after much anxious checking and re-checking of e-mail, I learned that I'd sold a story!  I had been indulging in a bit of pre-rejection reject-o-mancy, because my memory of selling to this market before is that they contact folks a few days ahead of the sale -- so when I got the message with its "thank you for submitting your story" opening, I was certain that it was a rejection and had to re-read it several times to be sure I'd read it correctly.  More news when it's published in mid-October.

Saturday was also paint scraping day.  Last week we had a ton of rain in a half hour, which resulted in some leaks in our garage.  Right now it's raining pretty hard -- although not as hard as last week -- and our roof seems to be waterproof.  My theory is that roofing gravel got stuck up against the side of the house and some loose siding, which created a mini dam and allowed the inundation of water to work its way over the roof flashing.

Mark, who stays on top of these sorts of things, whereas I would wonder why suddenly the house has half-rotted away, decreed we had to scrape, re-caulk, prime, and re-paint that particular side of the house.  So we did.  Okay, I'm such an arctic flower that by the time 11:30AM rolled around and the sun had burnt off the morning haze, I was dying from the heat of the roofing.  So Mark did the majority of the work (mostly scraping).

Sunday, the forecast rains appeared, which postponed our priming and painting.  So we did other things, like laundry.  I finally hung a string of LEDs along the bookshelf.  I don't know why I didn't do it sooner, because it looks fairly nice, and provides a gentle night-light glow for bed-time.

No comments: