Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Spring Equinox Full Moon

I'd been keeping an eye on the eastern hills, which glowed red in the sunset, but the moment of the day's end slipped by unremarked during dinner.  (Equinox Quiche, both of which have Q's in them.)


We were distracted by dinner and video games, so we missed the full moon rising during the first evening of Spring. 
 Mark wisely suggested taking photos in the front driveway, which is not as netted against the sky by power and phone lines.
 I fiddled around with various automatic and manual settings to get different types of shots.  If the shutter speed was 1/60th of a second, I got clear lunar features, but no clouds.  If it was 1/2 of a second, the clouds came through, but haze and lunar glare made the moon look like a sunset.
At some point Mark accused me of not actually looking at the moon -- I had, but he had a point, and I straightened up from hunching over the camera and stared and stared and stared.

No comments: