Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Post Gym Moon

 Continuing to be virtuous about going to the gym -- so far I've stuck to my Monday, Wednesday, Friday routine.  The new fine-tuning on the routine seems to be working:  my shoulders and back aren't as sore as they had been in the past, and I feel like the force of the weights and cable-pulls is being directed through the center of my arms, which is good. 




Coming home, the sky was clear enough for a crescent moon to shine through, so I rushed home and took a bunch of photos -- the best viewing spot was in the "treehouse" we built for The Child. 

Although it was about 40F out, I was still warm enough from the gym that I didn't feel the cold too much.  I've been trying to use an infinity focus and manual settings for the shutter speed to control for things like lens flare.  This still meant that the camera auto-focused on the trees or power lines some times -- which is a little weird because I thought I had the camera in full manual mode.

I followed the arc of the moon as it descended through the trees.  Cicero jumped up onto the treehouse near the end of the photoshoot.  I tried to take his picture, but since he's a black cat in a dark yard at night, it didn't come out. 

No comments: