Thursday, January 10, 2019

Winter Term, Week 1

Sigh.  The Winter Term has begun and parking at The Day Jobbe is scarce again.  I have become resigned to not finding a free spot near the building I work, and figure that I'll have to make due with the lot three and a half blocks away.  I'd hoped the near-completion of construction on a nearby building would result in increased availability, but I haven't noticed a decrease in 4X4 trucks crammed into compact parking spaces. 

Lately I've been writing in my dreams.  It's vaguely useful if I can remember enough of the plots to get a story.  I'm wanting to encourage my dreaming-self to do more of this, which means being sure to write down dreams as soon as I can after I wake up.   Monday I dreamed a good prompt situation that gave me enough to pump out about 500 words of the beginning of a flash story.  Wednesday I kept dreaming that I was writing, and then someone would come up an interrupt me.... and the dream veered between a Stuck At Arcosanti dream, a late to the airport dream, before setting into a writing in prison dream ("The inmates call me 'Happy.'"). 

Tuesday I dreamed I was invited to restore and update a subway or church or carnival midway, changing flat murals into ceramic bass-relief with someone who was mostly LGL, but who might have started out as a Wordo, BH.   I didn't get to write anything from that dream down because all of us woke up about a half-hour late and had to scramble to work.

On the gym front, I've managed to do the routine Monday and Wednesday.  Yay me!

No comments: