Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Foggy Old Moon




I woke up early this morning, after a series of hypnagogic visions and a very odd dream about French people setting off an artificial volcano that I and a bunch of other people were stranded on.  I'd been drifting out of varies states of wakefulness, when Smokey came in and jumped on the bed and woke me throroughly.


Remembering that the Moon and Venus would be close to each other again, I went outside and saw a ruddy sliver of the Moon, climbing out of fog over hills, and a brilliant Venus. 


The sky was darker than when I had taken similar shots the day before, and the stars were out.  The only difficulty with taking early morning photos of eastern objects is that we have these pesky utility poles and power lines cutting across that part of the sky.  I manouvered the camera around the deck, but I still got a couple of shots with wires running across the moon's disk. The fog was artistic instead of obscuring, and I like the effect. 


I managed to get The Big Dipper, too.


On the gym front: went to the gym Monday night, did about 300 calories on the elliptical machines, and the usual lat pull-down, hanging dip, free weights, and triceps pull-down.

No comments: