Monday, December 03, 2018

December Moon Conjunct Venus


This morning I almost forgot that the Moon and Venus were going to be next to each other. 

I was feeling pretty lazy when the alarm clock went off and I woke up and I really didn't want to get out of bed. 

Seriously. 

The thought if hibernating all day was extremely attractive.  Things felt sore, and I wondered if maybe I was fighting off a cold or something.

 Eventually, I did, did my morning ablutions, and Mark said something about the Moon and I threw on some clothes and rushed out with my camera. 

The moon was a bright sliver in the pre-dawn sky, and Venus was super-bright.  I snapped a few shots and made sure to drink in the spectacle with my own eyes and appreciate it. 

I always joke to myself that a bright Venus with a new Moon is Luv Magic.  Upon reflection about a bright Venus with an old Moon, I think it's Tuck You Into Bed After A Mug of Hot Chocolate Magic. 

No comments: