Thursday, December 13, 2018

Advent Shenanigans

On the art front, I tried to make a paper sphere out of circular daisy forms, but I got overly ambitious pre-combining them on the computer, and I ended up with a tangle of paper curves instead. Also, the design didn't allow a flat hexagon to fold into a pentagonal cone.   Anyway, I'm trying again with a slightly simpler net that is notched at the vertices so  it will fold more readily.

On the gym front, I met with a trainer Monday and he came up with a new routine for me that will concentrate on upper body strength.  He walked me through it and I think it will more effectively target my chest, back and arms than what I'm doing now.   One possible drawback is that there isn't time allocated for elliptical work.  We'll see how it works out; I'm a little sore in the triceps.  Proper form will be key, as will be isolating my arms so I'm hitting the target muscle groups.

On the writing front.... mostly editing.  I got a story rejection the other day, and I'm waiting for what seems like forever for this one market to even get to a story I submitted way back in July.  ...And, I just got another story rejection Thursday morning.

Back to the gym front, I tried out the new routine Wednesday... and left at the end like I had done it wrong.  I had some difficulty following the sets because I kept losing my place on the rep-sheet.  I remedied this by using a highlighter to highlight alternate sets.  There was also an overhead cable exercise I think was supposed to be a crunch exercise but there was a reverse rope grip I couldn't remember.


No comments: