Friday, October 12, 2018

Astro-Photography

 I pulled myself out of bed this morning and tried to take photographs of Orion.

I set the camera for a 15 second exposure time, which made the stars cold and not so twinkly.
Right off the bat, I pressed a series of incorrect buttons as I felt around the camera in the dark to try to find the manual focus setting and turned off the side LCD.

I managed to get a shaky shot of Taurus (I was aiming for the Pleiades) when I tried to take one photo before the 15 seconds was up....
Because the larger LCD screen was turned off (and I still haven't figured out how to get it back on), I really couldn't see what I had pointed the camera at, and had to make a series of guesses by zooming in on Orion's belt (or in the case of Taurus, Aldebaran)
At least the night before I'd gotten an arty shot of the crescent moon.

No comments: