Monday, September 24, 2018

Equinox Raven

Over the equinox weekend, we went to the Oregon Caves National Monument Chateau. 

It's located about a three hours' drive from Eugene, near the Oregon-California border.

There was a lot of talk about bears and cougars, but we didn't see any.  I did manage to get a good photograph of this raven. 

I didn't see any other ravens, although we saw some stellar jays, and heard Woodpeckers.  This raven seemed to patrol the trees between the Chateau and the visitors' center.  It seemed to be more interested in flying around and croaking at tourists than in stealing shiny objects or accepting food from them.  I'm pretty sure it knew I was taking its picture, or at least pointing a black object at it, and I'd like to say it was curious what I was doing.

No raven equinox dreams so far... although I did dream something about vultures stealing eagles' food, and being able to fly in the form of various birds and the Space Shuttle.

No comments: