Friday, July 27, 2018

Early Friday Morning

I've been researching cameras in preparation for purchasing a superzoom lens camera.  My current camera is fine, but it's going on fifteen years old and the shutter button is beginning to fail.  I love its macro lens, and I've taken quite a few picutres of bugs and slugs and stamens -- and I'm ready for a camera that can take a descent photograph of the moon or of a gargoyle five stories up.   Of course, the camera I wanted to get (recommended by The Wirecutter) was discontinued two months ago, and isn't in stock anywhere (unless I get it used or refurbished).

Last night the full moon was next to a brilliant Mars. I tried to take a picture of it.  I' m not sure if there was a bit of a haze, or if there's something going on with my lens, because I got a lot of flare off of the moon.  I'd been hoping to get a good Mars and Moon shot to contrast the Venus and Moon shot I took a fortnight ago. 


A hummingbird has just visited our gladiolas while I was writing this morning.  I'd been waiting a while, and I'm going to hazard a guess that until the sun's been shining on them for about a half-hour, the flowers don't generate enough interest for the darting birds.  

We're in between heat advisories.  Today is supposed to be the coolest day since last Saturday, and a new advisory starts Sunday (on the overmorrow).   I'm very thankful for the air conditioner in our bedroom.  

No comments: