Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Writing Night

(Tuesday) Writing night!  This time I've been working on several stories.


  • One, about a baker, (4200 words) is as clean as I'm going to get it and I should run it past a beta-reader.  
  • A second, is a Halloween short (1500 words) from a few years back that I polished after critique, put aside for about two years, and I've decided could be sent out for market rejections.  
  • The third is a Arthurian pastiche (about 1000 words + 500 really rough vingettes) that is probably a good example of why I shouldn't write snarky:  the knight character needs fleshing out and the snarky bits jump out like the Witch from Monty Python and the Holy Grail breakig the fourth wall to say, "It's a fair cop."
  • The fourth is a long science fiction piece (about 5000 words at last count) that probably wants to be a novella and the feels off because I'm trying to do a cultural flip of perspective and the main character isn't flipping right.  
  • The fifth, a Wordos Winter Short, is stalled at 1500 words; the part that I read was well recieved, and I'd like to finish it... and I should write the end and work backward.

This means that tomorrow (Wednesday) should be a marketing day.

No comments: