Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Tuesday Afternoon Gym

Went to the gym Tuesday afternoon.  20-ish minutes and 200-ish calories on the Nordic elliptical.  10 or so minutes on the cable row machine (I got a tip to reduce the tension on the machine from 10 to 6 and focus on maintaining a high rep-per-minute rather than hulking out on a high setting).  3x13x30lbs on the delta flies.  13x(30,40,50)lbs on the pec fly (I got another tip to try to focus on the middle of my pectoral majoris -- I think I've been holding my arms a little too low or a little too high during some exercises, which is developing the muscle unevenly).  13x(40,50,60)lbs on the lat pull-downs.  3x13 Roman chair curls.  3x13x30lbs barbell curls.  3x13x30lbs triceps curls.

The last couple of times, there have been cute guys at the gym, which is simultaneously distracting and motivating.  (There's also been obnoxious folks with private nick-names like, "Grunty McGruntface" and "Clanky McWeightSlam"... )


On the writing front, I got a session of writing in--mostly character exploration as I work out the underpinnings of a novel.  So far I have a wizard and his axe-wielding boyfriend set in a high fantasy world; all of which need more thorough fleshing out (if I'm not too careful, the boyfriend is going to look too much like Orlando Bloom's Legolas).  I'd written the characters in a flash piece and I wanted to play with them some more.  The world's loosely based from a short story that I've been shopping around, and some map making is in order so I can keep track of the setting.

No comments: