Thursday, January 04, 2018

Internet Karma

In a moment of quick-turnaround karma, last night (Wednesday) I told myself that I'd get up early to compile a story and send it to a beta reader... only to discover that during the night, the phone cables in our wall had come loose (I'm not sure if I should blame the cats, and Mark was surprised when I told him) and we now had no Internet.  We'd been fiddling with the old 1950's line in anticipation of having them replaced so it wasn't like I didn't know that the wall plate was off and the wires were exposed.  Alas, even re-attaching the yellow and black wires where it seemed they should go did not improve the connection.  (Mark has since managed to restore connectivity.)

Went to the gym yesterday (Wednesday).  Warmed up for ten minutes on the elliptical, then switched for another fifteen on the cable rowing machine.  I made an effort to keep my spine straight and my trapazoids engaged so I wouldn't have a sore lower back later (we'll see).  Downstairs I did 20x30x40 sets on the pec-fly reverse-deltoids.   Lat-pull-down 40x50x60.  3x12 Roman Chair curls.  20x30x30 barbell curls.  3x12x30lb triceps pull-downs.  Some 5lb dumbell work.  Ended up rolling my spine on a pool noodle as a ending stretch.  

I'm fairly certain that a lot of my shoulder difficulties are caused by my mouse placement at work, and slouching.  I'm trying out different mouse positions and I've re-configured my chair so I'm sitting up straighter.

On the dream front... I had an interesting, if bloody, dream Tuesday morning that involved evil magicians, evil followers, an interlude where the evil magicians were attempting to place my head (with the rest of me dangling below) in the excact center of a hollowed out sphere using a laser-site.  Other highlights involved a baby piglett evolving into a bristle-back boar, only with metal florettes for bristles.  The dream ended with me climbing up a spiraling stair-well on the heels of evil minions, and placing my  hands on them to kill them.  This worked well until I got to someone immune to my hands and then I got stabbed.

This morning's dream was too sexy and political (both in a bad way) to post.  

No comments: