Sunday, August 13, 2017

Back to Suffern

Saturday, Aug 5

We woke up, finished straightening up, said "So Long," to Maria and Mike, and drove away from the beach house.

Mark said, "There go the Canadians" as a white SUV with Montreal plates passed us on the Garden Parkway.   We then re-worked ABBA's Voulez-Vous into a song about geometry and beaches:  "...We've drawn it by the sea, it's intricate geometry  / drawings in the sa-aand. / triangles, circles, squares, arcs, hexagons and pentagrams / lure Canadia-ans! / Voulez-Vous, uh-huh... "  

Back in Suffern, it was a day settling in with unloading, laundry, napping, and reading.  I'm continuing to enjoy "The Golem and the Jinni."  Of course, as a writer, it's hard not to notice the occasional turn of phrase that stands out to me and watch the characters' emotional characters (which I wish I could do better--I'm seeing how, if this were my story, I'd clutter it with eye-candy and technical asides about the magic).  

No comments: