Thursday, February 18, 2016

Cemetery Flower

Another flower in a cemetery.  I'm sure this is a metaphor.

Working Out: Went to the gym Wednesday.  20 min 200 cal on the elliptical.  Skipped the rowing machine.  3x8 chin/dips starting at 16 and ending at 12.  3x12x50lbs pec-fly.  3x13x80 lat pull-down.  3x13 curl-ups.  3x12x35lb barbell curls.  Tried 2x5 overhand barbell lifts (I'm sure there's a real name for this) to see if I could work some different shoulder and upper chest muscles.

Writing:  Going through the 5100 draft of a novel stuffed into a short story format.  I've cut the first two scenes and am carefully blending material into the final scene.  I'm being mindful of excess exposition and description.   I've been thinking that I like words like rade and folkholt (and meniscus) and that if I'm careful to describe them, I can include them in stories and not confuse the reader.  

No comments: