Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Home Altar, Continued...

After writing yesterday's blog post, I went back to my altar and made Portable Stonehenge a part of it. The difficulty is that it Stonehenge and the stone finger labyrinth are large, and take up a lot of space on the top of the chest of drawers; so some things had to go.   I noticed that a trivet was added to the top of the chest of drawers so Mark would have a place to put his coffee while he dresses... so... the bulky cauldron is gone.

I guess it's best to simplify; but on the other hand, I like the crows' nest collection of tokens.  Maybe I'll rotate tokens around seasonally.  I don't have all my ritual tools out, partially because I'm less interested in manipulating things in ritual and more interested in reminding myself of how I'm connected to the cosmos.  I'll have to make a portable ritual altar for when I'm doing ceremonial ritual.


Working out:  Monday and Tuesday, my latissumus dorsi were very sore; I think I may have pulled them.  Tuesday, when I got on the assisted dip machine and did a fully-assisted dip, it was fairly clear that I'd overdone the dips last Saturday.   15 minutes and 150 calories on the elliptical.  10 minutes and 100 calories on the rowing machine.  3x12x40 lbs on the pec fly.  12x60 + 2x12x70 on the lat pull-downs.  3x12 curl-ups (which have a name like hanging leg curl ups).  3x12x30 lbs barbell curl.  

I suppose the biggest fun news is the 1.4 billion Powerball jackpot.  All sorts of people who don't normally buy lottery tickets are buying them, and several folks I know have (half) jokingly said "when I win the billion dollar jackpot...".   I love fantasizing about what I would do with money like that, and wonder what set of problems I would be trading.  Problems to the side, the frivolous, self-centered fantasies are... I'd get a large desk made of cobalt tinted glass and an ergonomic chair for writing, a newer computer for writing, a tower (for writing) jewels for Mark (he'd like some of Liz Taylor's), and a dirigible (I'd say for writing, but I have a feeling I might be too busy flying the thing to write...).  

No comments: