Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Dreams of Halloween Tea

Working Out:  Tuesday I felt twitchy -- I'm assuming it was endorphin addiction -- and so I went to the gym for what I guess I would call a cardio work-out.  I spent 25 minutes on the elliptical (200-something calories, 135 steps/minute, and a heart rate of about 135).  Downstairs I did the pec fly 3 sets of 13 at 30 lbs and barbell curls (because I keep cutting those out lately): 3X13 at 35 lbs.

For a while my weight plateaued at 172, but the last two times, I've dropped down to 168.  I thought there was something wrong with the scale at first.  I'm not sure if I've reached some sort of tipping point in terms of general muscle mass, or if I've managed to eat less junk or what.  



The other day I saw a Facebook post where one of my friends had gone to a Halloween Witch's Tea.  There were lots of photos of women in dark dresses and pointy hats and gauzy material and leaves and purple.  It looked like a lot of fun, and I thought how enchanting it would be to have a tea party with table linens, bat-shaped cookies, and black tea, and spiced cider, and maybe even snacks like pumpkin cake and chocolate -- and possibly Tarot cards, or maybe something more laid back like looking at tea leaves or a scattering of maple leaves or a playful wheel of fortune.  With Scarlatti or Purcell harpsichord playing in the background.

Probably what I want is something like an old Carleton College Druid Ritual.

Anyway, now I'm wistful, and sitting in the dark listening to "Dead Can Dance," which is probably not the best choice for a snappy mood....



No comments: