Sunday, August 09, 2015

Pages from the Book of Art

 Since I had posted about losing and recovering it last week, I thought I'd share some of the sketches from my Book of Art.

This is from I short story I wrote last Winter/Spring.  I was playing around with world-building and imagining some of the things characters in a fictional Northern Country might see.

Some times I find it easier to think in pictures than in words, and shuffling the pictures around in my head can generate ideas.

That's not to say that I don't think in words some times; I also use the Book of Art to write things long hand.  I'm more likely to do this on days where words are coming extra slowly, or in situations where getting onto a keyboard isn't convenient.

It's probably safe to say that I can draw a sword more easily than I can a bow.

No comments: