Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Friday Journal

Writing:  I've been tinkering with the Sword and Sorceress piece.  I realized that the final scene would be easier to write with a map, so I made a quick sketch to keep everything and everyone clear.  I feel like my bandits are a little too stupid to live, and I need to either make them a little smarter or else figure out a reason why they've been a viable option for so many.

This has been the week that the irises open.  I love the irises we have:  they're purple and they smell divine.  I might cut one or two to bring into the house because I love the scent so much:  it's dark and earthy, but not so cloying as narcissus, and not so bitter as frankincense or myrrh.

Working Out:  Friday is typically not a work-out day because of my schedule.  My right tennis elbow reminds me it's there when I lift anything up with my palm facing away from me -- so I'm guessing I'll have to figure out a way to do the over-head declined "skull crusher" move or drop it altogether.

No comments: