Monday, March 09, 2015

Monday Journal

Writing:  Wrote for about an hour Monday morning.  Got about 300 new words on a short story fairy tale, and polished up some bits.  Did some minor editing of an essay piece I'm considering entering into the Men's Story Project.  I haven't done an essay in a while, and I like the form.  I need to take a look at a few more of their on-line samples; I don't want to fall into the "thank-you-for-sharing" iyabmuk style of a Heart Circle narrative, but that may be what they want.

Reading:  E.M. Forster's "Aspects of the Novel."  It's got some interesting points, and Ursula Le Guin said it inspired her.  It's written in 1927, so I'm having interesting moments trying to apply it to science fiction and fantasy.   Also skimming through "Speaking of Science Fiction," which is where I got Le Guin's recommendation.

Working out:  Did some free weight work at home.  Mark says he can tell I haven't been to the gym in over a week.

No comments: