Friday, October 17, 2014

Journal: Oct 15-17

Wednesday morning was a post-revelry Wordos morning, and also Smokey was Extra Frisky during the Hour of Scampering, so I didn't get up until 6:15.  I did some maintenance stuff, like posting a manuscript for critique next week.

On the dream front, I did dream stuff, but what I remember the best was the part where I was not quite in control of a mini electric car I was driving.  I want to say that I was driving to Astoria.  A one point, the car wasn't completely powered, and I rolled backward down a hill and into a cafe while slamming on the breaks the entire way and trying to steer.  Not too hard to figure out that dream.

Thursday morning I finished a 860 word flash piece over about 90 minutes.  In the afternoon I sent it to the Penn Cove Contest.  We'll see how it goes.   Spent a little over an hour critiquing a Wordos manuscript.

Friday morning is another slow morning.  I'm writing a blog entry to try to wake up.  I have some printed manuscripts, and I should work on those (proving yet again that setting up what I'm going to do the night before is more efficient than trying to use higher executive functions before 5:30 AM).

No comments: