Thursday, July 31, 2014

Macho, Macho Man

I've just started working out at a gym.  This one is a farily nice one:  no pool, but a great dancing room and lots of newish machines.  It's within easy walking distance of home, so I can put it into my routine without any excuses.

Apparently, I did the novice mistake of working out almost every day, so I actually have to cut back a bit to give my muscles a chance to rest and recover.  My favorite machines are the pectoral fly (and deltoid crunch) machine and  the rowing machine.  

I'd like to say that I'm seeing my abs, chest and arms flowing with manly strength.  I am noticing that my posture's improved, my endurance (from rowing) has increased, and my libido switched up a notch.  I wish I could say that exercise gets my mind going on stories, but at this point I'm too busy counting and breathing to think about stories.

No comments: