Writers' updates on Twitter break down into the following:
- I wrote 10,000 words today.
- I'm locked in my office, in the middle of writing 10,000 words.
- I _wish_ I wrote 10,000 words today.
- Announcements about chocolate/coffee/tea/cola/wine.
- I'm at [cool place], with [cool person(s)] doing [cool things].
- Read my book/article/blog.
- Home/Pets/Family/Health updates.
Probably what I've learned is
- the folks who have books for sale on bookshelves are more likely to be Tweeting the first two types of messages;
- the other updates really don't tell me much about the craft of writing; and,
- Ursula K. Le Guin does not Twitter.