Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm On The Top of the World...

My version of "The View from the Top" is available on the Analog website!

http://www.analogsf.com/201009/vft-johnburridge.shtml


It was written as part of a Wordos exercise. As an experiment to see what happens to the art and craft of story telling, several of us wrote a near science fiction story using an identical plot. Jerry Oltion's version of the story made it into print, but Stanley Schmidt, the editor of Analog, kindly put my and Joshua Skurtu's stories in.

Josh's story is here:

Jerry wrote a short intro (with spoilers) for the on-line versions of the story here. His story will be published in the September 2010 print edition of Analog.

I'm so excited to have one of my stories up on the Analog web site that I can't type straight; so I'll stop now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome. I really love it when challenges produce so much good writing, and then that writing goes on to live a life of its own.

John said...

Thanks. I'm very pleased that Stanley Schmidt offered to put the stories on Analog's web site.

And that was a good Wordos challenge; at the very least it was instructive to see how other people put stories together.

See you at the table.

Bryan Sabol said...

Fab, John! Doesn't get better than that!