Monday, March 24, 2008

Fever

This morning I woke up in the middle of a dream. The dream had been going on for a while. I was at a Galaxy Press event of some sort. I think Damon Kaswell might have been there. Through the magic of dream-logic, I started singing, "Fever," by Miss Peggy Lee. Everyone started snapping their fingers, and the pre-event mingling time turned into a dance number around the hors d'oeuvre table. Then the guy the event was really supposed to be about started talking. He did an info-dump on some research he was doing.

I woke up and managed to write down the salient parts, which made much more sense in the dream than they did in recall; but it might be a good story idea. Since the idea was medical in nature, I think this dream was based in part by reading about dengue fever just before going to bed.

No comments: