Sunday, February 03, 2008

Computer Bug

I was examining the Li-Ion Battery for the Compaq Presario 1610 laptop I write on. The battery is really ancient, and only holds about a minute's worth of charge. On one hand, I could probably save a story draft if the power went out; but on the other hand, it limits where I can work on stories. I'm going to see if I can dig up a replacement somehow.

Anyway, when I slid the battery out, there was a parchment thin web and an old dried up brown spider in the battery bay! Who knows how long I've been carting around a dead spider in my laptop?

I only wonder if it was a momma spider and if there's an egg sack underneath the keyboard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi John! This is Meg Wilson, from Reed. It was great fun to find your blog and catch up on what you're doing. If you'd like to get in touch, you can go to my website people.ucsc.edu/~mlwilson and find my e-mail there. Cheers, Meg