Monday, October 01, 2007

WOTF TV

I'm on TV (along with Damon Kaswell) talking about Writers of the Future. More later when I've got the time...



(later)
Whew... well. Now that I've done that I'm sure if I get interviewed again it will be easier. We both thought we'd be taped, but it turns out we were live. We were the last feature, so we got to sit off to one side while the news broadcast progressed. It was interesting from a writing point of view to see how the studio works when the red light is on and off; I especially enjoyed the green screen Josh the weather anchor stood in front of because it raised up and down like a portcullis and hid his weather desk.

Mark did say that Damon and I seemed very --ahem-- "writerly." He also said that what he got from the interview was that we were excited, that the award was an honor, and that we were just starting our writing careers.

Shelley, our hostess, was really good at placing us at ease. The interview was very chatty and people-oriented. We did run out of time... and I notice that we never did mention our stories' titles (although she did read out their page numbers). I think I said "Ummm" more than Damon said "Uhhh".

3 comments:

Joni Labaqui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi John and Damon, I saw your interview and it was great - both of you. So well done!

Philski said...

John,
Looking forward to seeing you tonight at Tsunami ...
Phil (Revelers)