Sunday, June 03, 2007

Death in the Garden

Today has been gardening day.

Mark chastised me for saying, "And now you will die," to some slugs and snails that formerally had been living on my miniture rose's flowerpot before I stomped up and down on them in front of Arthur.

"Now it will be hard for me to send that e-mail to the president of Continental for showing those movies on our flights," he said.

I think I've spent something like $20 on sunflower seeds two months ago. I planted them in peat pots. I'm not sure what was going on, but only about half (roughly ten) germinated. I placed three in the ground and the damn gastropods ate them. So I placed five in yogurt containers to grow larger (and presumably harder for the mucus-ones to eat). In the process of waiting for the remaining sunflowers to get big enough to transplant, the sun withered them.

I have a feeling that I'm going to need a laser-guided slug denfense system.

Despite his cold symptoms, Arthur has been running around in high-energy mode, and he's discovered how to turn on (and off and on and off) the water spigot.

Mark continues to garden dispite the pollen rash on his arms.

No comments: