Sunday, April 15, 2007

Update

Mark was great and read to Arthur, so I got to work on "Lapis Heron" from 9 PM to 1 AM. Most of the "Stupid John Tricks" are out. Tomorrow I'll print it out to catch the clerical errors that I always seem to miss when the manuscript is on a screen. Oh, yeah, and double-check my character's emotional calculus. The story's at about 4600 words.

Arthur has reached that point in his life where he's discovered that he has his own mind. And he doesn't know what to do with it. It's a little frustrating because it's like his brain is in a super-position and any yes-or-no question elicits both responses. There we go, the way to build a quantum computer is to ask a bank of two-year-olds to do the computing.

He does, however, like to help us out -- today he helped me pick up a high chair at a pizza place.

And his new favorite phrase is "Evil Drink" (to describe when I buy a Pepsi). Speaking of which...

No comments: