Wednesday, January 31, 2007

New Cell Phones

Still no word from WOTF and the various web sites discussing the contest remain silent on the subject of the 2006 Q4 winners. I amused myself by pretending to be a paranoid delusional writer when one of the Wordos asked, "So, you hear anything from Writers of the Future?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, grabbing his jacket lapels. "What do you know? Tell me, TELL ME!!"

After Wordos, I came home and our new cell phones had arrived (Mark's old one refused to charge properly, requiring hours of charging for minutes of use; and mine gradually refused to connect to any cells to such a point that I couldn't receive any calls).

My new phone is huge. I guess that it was inevitable, but it takes photos and video. You can also flip it open to reveal a keyboard and a kind of joystick. For a small fee, I'm pretty sure I can get more internet connectivity than the computer I'm currently using to type this. About the only thing that it wont do is talk to the Macintosh... oh well, time to enter in phone numbers again.

Arthur woke up again at 5:45 this morning. I'm hoping this isn't a permanent switch, because I'm not much of a morning person. I amused him by taking him to the local grocery story and showing him the chickens rotating over an open flame. He still asked for "Itty-Itty Bang-Bang" as we left for some bananas.

No comments: