Thursday, December 14, 2006

Twinkle What?

So far things are OK here in the southern Willamette Valley. We've had a bit of wind and rain, but the power's stayed on. I think I might be able to hear some thunder. We'll see how many trees are in the roads tomorrow morning, and if there's snow.

Earlier tonight, Mark, Arthur and I were in the kitchen. Arthur had a piece of paper and was forcing me to draw simple shapes on it, like "O", "E", squares, and hearts.

"Oh, I know," I said. "I'll draw a star." So I did and then said, "Star. Star."

Arthur pointed into the air and sang (more or less) "up above the world so high."

Since Arthur hasn't sung anything recognizable up to this point and most of his sentances have been one-word commands, Mark and I were about as floored as when he sat down in front of a computer for the very first time and started typing and using the mouse. Before he was one year old.

I've been signing (and singing) "Twinkle Twinkle" for a while, but "The Itsty Bitsy Spider" gets far more air time, followed by "La Petite Lepine Fu-Fu."

I guess I really do have to be careful about how much Annie Lennox I play.

No comments: